Handcrafted Log Shell Package
- Hand peeled Spruce Logs with an average diameter of 14
to 16 inches.
- Larger or smaller wood is available as well as different species such as Westen Red Cedar, Douglas Fir, Lodgepole Pine and Standing Dead Timber upon request.
- All logs are TPI graded and stamped according to the Timber
Products Inspection Requirements.
- Our usual building methods utilize Scandinavia shrink fit
VEE notches at the corners along with lateral scribe fit or Swedish cope between the wall logs.
- All log pieces are ground by hand, log ends are chamfered with
decorative curls cut to create a fine finish
- The necessary log support beams, log floor joists and support
- The joists, fillers and beams are flattened and ready to
accept your flooring.
- Roof posts, Purlins and Ridges.
- All window and door openings cut out, key wayed and flared
back, ready for the installation of your windows and doors.
- One set of handcrafted log stairs with log hand rails and
log posts (Mortise & Tenon Construction) for a traditional method of accessing your loft.
- We predrill through bolt holes at strategic locations on
the corners and log walls.
- We provide the threaded rod, springs, washers, timber washers
and nuts needed for through bolting.
- The interior and exterior engineered settling jacks for
posts where needed.
- Insulation and gasket material provided.
- Fungicide Spray
- On - site Logsmith to direct erection.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty